It is with great regret that we have to announce the cancellation of Thunder in the Glens®2021.
Following Government announcements it is clear that circumstances surrounding our movement out of lockdown restrictions are still very unclear and unpredictable. There are still many variables that will affect our progress back to normal life. The current situation does not provide a clear and definite forward plan out of lockdown and a situation where TITG® would be able to take place in its normal format. We have therefore taken the painful decision to cancel this year’s rally.
In making this decision we have had to consider the safety and wellbeing of the many thousands of people who would have to travel to Aviemore for the event and for the residents of Aviemore and surrounding area. We are also aware that any “Tier” restrictions in place at this time could force the late cancellation of the rally.
We appreciate that this will be hugely disappointing news for everyone. However as organisers we feel it is the correct decision. Many of you are starting to make plans to travel and attend the event in very uncertain times. Making this decision now avoids any future complications for everyone.
For those who have already pre-registered for this year’s event you have a choice of deferring your registration forward to 2022. If this is your chosen option you need take no further action we will automatically transfer your registration to 2022. Alternatively you can request a refund. To do so, please contact us by email at email@example.com by 30th April 2021 at the latest. Your request will be dealt with as quickly as we can. For those of you choosing to defer your registration to 2022 there will be a “free”
Special Edition patch covering TITG® the Covid Years 2020-21.
Pre-registration for TITG®2022 will be closed from today and will re-open on Saturday 1st May.
On Site Hotel Accommodation:
Many of you have paid deposits and reserved accommodation on the rally site with Macdonald Hotels. Again here you can defer your booking to 2022. The Macdonald Aviemore Resort is currently closed and all staff placed on furlough so they are unable to deal with any enquiries at this time. We will advise you as soon as they are operational again.
TITG® 2022 Friday 26th – Monday 29th August
Whilst we are deeply disappointed at having to cancel this year’s event we are already getting excited for TITG®2022 ”The Return”.
Plans are already underway for what promises to be our biggest and best rally yet and one certainly not to be missed. If you haven’t already got your tickets booked yet don’t leave it too late as they are sure to be in great demand.
We understand that this news will be a huge disappointment to everyone but it is important that we continue to take care, stay safe and follow the guidelines. We look forward to gathering with everyone again at TITG® “The Return”
in Aviemore Friday 26th – Monday 29th August 2022. Get the dates in your diary now.
George McGuire (Rally Coordinator), email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Stewart Willox (Chapter Director), email:email@example.com
Dunedin Chapter Scotland #9083