Thunder in the Glens® 2020 - COVID-19
It is with deep sadness and regret that Dunedin Chapter has to announce that the TITG® 2020 Rally has had to be cancelled.
TITG 2020 Pre-Registration
If you have pre-registered for this year’s event you have a choice of rolling your registration forward to 2021 or requesting a refund. To request a refund login to your Eventbrite booking and select the ‘Request Refund’ option. Any issues, please e-mail email@example.com. Your request will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Please make sure you request your refund before end of 31st August 2020.
If you would prefer to defer your registration fee to next year, no further action is required. If we do not hear from you we will automatically transfer your registration to 2021 when we open registration on the 1st September 2020. From this date no refunds will be processed.
Macdonald Aviemore Resort - Hotel Accommodation
This update concerns those people who have booked accommodation for TITG 2020 in one of the 4 Macdonald Hotels in Aviemore (the Highland, the Aviemore, the Morlich and the Strathspey hotels). We are very aware that you are keen to know what is happening regarding your bookings for this year since TITG was cancelled.
The accommodation bookings for TITG are dealt with by a dedicated "Reservations Team" located on site at the Aviemore Resort. These members of staff have been on furlough since March. It is not yet known when they will return to work.
Whilst the staff at the Macdonald Aviemore Resort remain on furlough there will be no members of staff on site to deal with any enquiries. Enquiries made at this time will automatically be transferred to the main administration block in Bathgate and here you will only receive a holding response.
Current Covid guidelines permitted hotels to re-open on 15th July. However this does not necessarily mean that all hotels have opened or that they are operating to anything like full capacity. This is the case in situ at the Macdonald Aviemore Resort and why it is not easy to get any updates on matters there.
Current Position As At 25 July 2020
We have managed to confirm the current situation at the Macdonald Aviemore Resort being as follows:
One member of the Reservations Team has returned to work on part time basis, working from home, this week. As you will appreciate there will be a huge backlog of work here and it will take some time for enquiries to be dealt with. Again we would ask for your patience and understanding here as staff try to catch up with nearly 4 months of backlog.
Your Accommodation Booking – all accommodation bookings made here for TITG 2020 have been automatically deferred to 2021 for the same number of days you have booked covering the TITG 2020 weekend.
Refund – if you do not want to defer your accommodation booking to 2021 and wish to claim a refund please contact the Reservation Team by email at: general.aviemore@macdonald–hotels.co.uk Your enquiry will be dealt with as quickly as possible once the Reservation Team has returned to work.
Deferral – if you wish to defer your accommodation booking to 2021 you need take no further action at this time. Your booking will be retained and there will be no increase in price for you next year. Prices for those deferring their booking to 2021 will be retained at 2020 rates.
If you wish to defer your booking to 2021 but want to change the content of your booking please contact the Reservation Team by email at: general.aviemore@macdonald–hotels.co.uk Your enquiry will be dealt with as quickly as possible once the Reservation Team has returned to work.
Retain Your Booking for 2020 – if you wish to retain your hotel booking for this year 2020 you should advise the Reservation Team by mail at: general.aviemore@macdonald–hotels.co.uk
Please note that contrary to information circulating there are no plans in place for any bands to be playing at either the Cairngorm Hotel or the Winking Owl over what would have been TITG weekend. In any event this would be in contravention of current Covid guidelines.
Note that at this time there is no-one available in the Reservation Team to answer telephone enquiries.
If you have reserved your accommodation with any other hotels or B&B’s in the area you will have to contact them separately for any information regarding you booking there.
Rally Registrations for TITG 2021
Pre-registration will open for TITG 2021 on Tuesday 1st September.
All registrations made for TITG 2020 will automatically be deferred to 2021 unless you advise otherwise. Requests for a refund of 2020 rally tickets should be made before Tuesday 1st September 2020 via Eventbrite as stated at the beginning or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be assured that we are doing all we can to keep everyone informed of the situation as it develops. We are all living in uncharted, challenging times where forward steps are not easy to predict. As organisers we have to follow the official guidelines as they are announced and work in partnership with our sponsors and supporters involved in supporting TITG as we strive to work our way forward through this pandemic.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding TITG please feel free to contact me direct by email at email@example.com
We look forward very much to seeing you all again at TITG 2021.
TITG Rally Coordinator
Dunedin Chapter Scotland #9083