Thunder in the Glens® 2020 - COVID-19
It is with deep sadness and regret that Dunedin Chapter has to announce that the TITG® 2020 Rally has had to be cancelled.
As organisers of TITG® we have waited as long as reasonably possible to make a decision. We had hoped that circumstances would change, allowing it to proceed. Regrettably this has not proven to be the case.
It is now clear the grave situation we find ourselves in, regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), is not going to allow us to proceed with the event.
We know everyone will appreciate the challenges we have faced in making this decision but as organisers of TITG® we have a responsibility and duty of care to you, our sponsors and partners, their staff and the local community in Aviemore.
If you have pre-registered for this year’s event you have a choice of rolling your registration forward to 2021 or requesting a refund. To request a refund login to your Eventbrite booking and select the ‘Request Refund’ option. Any issues, please e-mail email@example.com. Your request will be dealt with as quickly as possible.
If you would prefer to defer your registration fee to next year, no further action is required. If we do not hear from you we will automatically transfer your registration to 2021.
On Site Hotel Accommodation:
If you have paid deposits and reserved accommodation on the rally site with Macdonald Hotels you can also defer your booking to 2021. Right now, the Macdonald Aviemore Resort is closed, and all staff have been placed on furlough, so they are unable to deal with any enquiries at this time. However, we will advise you when they are operational again and able to deal with any enquiries.
We appreciate this will be a huge disappointment to everyone but the important thing is that we all stay safe in order that we can all gather and celebrate once more in Aviemore for TITG® 2021 (27th-30th August). In the meantime, please take care, follow the guidelines and stay safe.
Dunedin Chapter Scotland